Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

what does President's Club "Confirmed Vehicle Reservation" mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

One of the vague benefits for PC members is "Confirmed Vehicle Reservations", as listed here and here.

Specifically:
Confirmed vehicle availability of Standard Equipment Economy through Full-Size 4 door vehicles in the U.S. and Canada with a minimum 48 hour advance reservation.
Apparently SFO, SJC and even LAX are all pretty much sold out in all standard car classes this upcoming week. Because of this, I can't set up an advance reservation (with points or even revenue) with a car I will already have for a few days prior via a direct bill contract (i.e. it's not extendable).

The only thing the reservation line suggests to do is a simple walk-up and stand in line (which can be pretty long, especially when there are irate customers standing around for scarce cars) to set up a new reservation on the spot.

I know other people have asked, but what exactly does that "Confirmed Vehicle Reservations" benefit actually mean then?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
JP Morgan Healthcare conference making trouble... why not just make a reservation under the g'teed availability, but then swap? Is reservations saying "we're sold out so you can't make a new reservation"?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
why not just make a reservation under the g'teed availability, but then swap? Is reservations saying "we're sold out so you can't make a new reservation"?
No Gold or B-team agent I spoke to this weekend knew anything about this "guaranteed availability" reservation thing. One agent told me to call SFO directly, but the surly people answering the phone at the station said they don't make reservations either.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
No Gold or B-team agent I spoke to this weekend knew anything about this "guaranteed availability" reservation thing. One agent told me to call SFO directly, but the surly people answering the phone at the station said they don't make reservations either.
I would refer them to the website, HUCA, and if still hitting walls ask for a supervisor. Pretty awful of them to make you jump through hoops like this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Reviving this post to ask the very same question. What does President's Club 'confirmed vehicle availability' mean?

The first bullet point in the President's Circle benefits says:
"Confirmed vehicle availability of Standard Equipment Economy through Full-Size 4 door vehicles in the U.S. and Canada with a minimum 48 hour advance reservation."

Has any President's Circle member had success forcing a reservation at a sold out location? (The talented folks at the Philippines call center just keep repeating that the location is sold out so they cannot confirm a vehicle)
Auto Enthusiast, Ordpc and m907 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by cyber1k
Reviving this post to ask the very same question. What does President's Club 'confirmed vehicle availability' mean?

The first bullet point in the President's Circle benefits says:
"Confirmed vehicle availability of Standard Equipment Economy through Full-Size 4 door vehicles in the U.S. and Canada with a minimum 48 hour advance reservation."

Has any President's Circle member had success forcing a reservation at a sold out location? (The talented folks at the Philippines call center just keep repeating that the location is sold out so they cannot confirm a vehicle)
Hertz is known to revoke benefits whenever they feel like it and not even change the wording on the website. Try DMing them on Twitter; that's the best way to get an American representative to respond.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.