E 190 Boarding Groups ??

Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta skymiles, BAEC
E 190 Boarding Groups ??

New to JetBlue.

Flying FLL to DCA on a full E 190 plane. I couldn’t get Even More Space seats. I’m concerned about having to gate check my carryon. I usually fly carryon only.

My assigned seats are all the way in the back ...row 22....window and aisle. I know that JetBlue boards by groups.

I’ve been told that Boarding Group B is rear window seats. Is this ACCURATE ?

If that’s the case, will it be likely I find overhead bin space available all the way in the back if I’m in Boarding Group B?

Thanks for any advice.

Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:07 am

Boarding groups

JetBlue boarding groups are as follows. First wheelchairs. Second those with "disability". Third Mosaic members (high level frequent flyers). Fourth "Even More" seats (boarding group A). Fifth- rear of plane (group B). Sixth middle and then finally front. So sitting in the rear actually puts you in a higher likelihood of fitting your carry on. On the E190s the carry-ons have to go in sideways rather than wheels first so there is much less room for carry-ons overall. Unfortunately, flights out of FLL always have a ton of wheelchairs and "disabled". Still, probably not enough to impact your space at the rear.
centerax likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:00 am

I believe it is a little more complicated than that as groups are assigned by seat so back of the plane windows would be in the B group.
Right from their page "We now board by groups with a method that utilizes the entire length of the aircraft and is determined by your seat assignment—"
JetBlue Help Bad Input on Previous Form)

I believe it goes like this:
Pre-Boarding for customers with disabilities
Mosaic and Mint® customers
Even More® Space customers (Group A)
Courtesy Boarding for active military personnel and customers traveling with children in car seats or strollers.
General Boarding by group:
Group B: window seats in the back
Group C: middle seats in the back + window seats in the front; then
Group D: aisle seats in the back + middle seats in the front; then
Group D/E: aisle seats in the front No E on E190's.

More than one person on the PNR all tickets get the earliest qualifying boarding group
centerax likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Brighton Line
More than one person on the PNR all tickets get the earliest qualifying boarding group
Is this the case now? I was always under the impression that in practice, JetBlue assigned boarding group letters based on seat alone, and that whether pax are on the same PNR was irrelevant. The prevailing policy was that if two people on the same PNR had different group letters, that they were welcome to board together in the later group if they didn't want to split up.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by diburning
Is this the case now? I was always under the impression that in practice, JetBlue assigned boarding group letters based on seat alone, and that whether pax are on the same PNR was irrelevant. The prevailing policy was that if two people on the same PNR had different group letters, that they were welcome to board together in the later group if they didn't want to split up.
According to the website, it depends on whether you check in together:

As long as you’re on the same reservation and check in together, parties traveling together will be prioritized into the earliest boarding group assigned to that party on the same reservation. If you check in separately, you may be assigned different boarding groups, even if you’re on the same reservation. In this scenario, you are welcome to board in the group you are each assigned, or if you’d prefer to board together, you may board with the latter of the assigned groups in your party.
Sort of odd that their policy is to put you together in the earlier group, but if their IT fails to do that, you have to wait for the later one...
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Free agent
You always get the lower group if you're on the same PNR and check-in together.

I flew JFK->FLL last weekend on a split PNR with my SO and she was group D and I was group E (We were sitting in 9BC, her in B)

We flew MSY a few weeks beforehand and were both in group A (I was in EMS and she was behind me in a normal seat).
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Oh alright, that means they fixed the issue and now have a published policy that somewhat lines up with other airlines. (Some other airlines like UA and DL allow for companions on separate PNRs to board with the earlier group)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.